Security breach detection also known as a managed detection and response system is now common-place in most enterprise-level companies. According to independent analysts, the MDR market is growing exponentially.
The simple premise is that most organisations now accept they will be breached at some stage – and the focus must be on identifying the breach as soon as possible.
- Most businesses now readily accept that it’s not if they will be breached, but when.
- Targeted attacks are far more sophisticated and do far more damage.
- A serious breach could prevent your business from operating and reputational damage is often irrevocable.
- The average time to detect a breach for most businesses is six months.
- The ICO requires you to process data securely and report breaches within 72 hours.
- Most business or cyber insurance policies insist upon a breach detection capability.
- Your customers (or your supply shain) may request you have a breach detection capability.
- Your own industry regulations may require you to have breach detection capability in place.
- For most business, the cost of implementing a comprehensive breach detection capability is far outweighed by the monetary risk.
- How do you know you haven’t already got a breach within your systems or network?
Back to Blog